DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS!!!
...Saturday, March 8, 2014, before you go to bed.
Sabado, 8 de Marzo, 2014, antes de irse a dormir, "Adelantele" 1hora a su reloj!
Help your child be good!
* Listen to your children and make them feel important. Again, they often misbehave to get attention.
* Praise behavior you want to encourage.
* If your child is doing something wrong, 'show him/her the right way' to do it, like: pet the dog/cat, not pull its tail.
* Encourage your your children to 'use their words.' children who express themselves with words will tell you how they feel, not show you.
* Plan ahead. If your child is going to get restless in the car or store, bring along a favorite toy.
* A child's memory is poor and learns best by repetition. Be patient and know you will have to repeat yourself a lot.
* If you are under a lot of stress, your child knows it. Look for help. United Way 2-11 can guide you to some places that can help you cope with difficult situations.
* Try not to yell or say 'No' all the time. A child learn from having the freedom to explore. Make your home toddler-proof, and allow your child learn in a safe and stimulating place.
Read Across America - Dr. Seuss - Cat in the Hat Week
Starts Monday, March 3 to March 7, 2014
Please, Check with your child's Teacher for the daily activities.
Dr. Seuss - El Gato en el Sombrero
Comienza el Lunes de de Marzo hasta Viernes, 7 de Marzo, 2014.
Por favor pregunte al maestro de su niño por las actividades diarias.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2014
CELEBR ATING PRESIDENTS DAY!
I dreamed I stood in a studio and watched two sculptors there. The clay they used was a yound child's mind and they fashioned it with care. One was a teacher, the tools she used were books, music, and art. One, a parent who worked with a guiding hand an a gentle, loving heart. Day after day the teacher toiled with touch that was deft and sure, while the parent labored by her side and polished and smoothed it o'er; and when at last their task was done, they were proud of what they had wrought; for the things they had molded into the child could neither be sold nor bought and each agreed he would have failed if he had worked alone, the parent and the school, the teacher and the home. AU.
Happiness is a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. N.H
Peace is not
something you wish for, it's something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away! -R.F